Monday, April 21, 2014

Tracking - My goal for this week

I've been a Weight Watchers member for about five years now.  It's a great program and when I focused on it, it really worked for me.

My first year at Weight Watchers I lost 64 lbs.  Unfortunately, because of this success, I thought I was "cured" and I didn't need to focus on the techniques I learned.  I was totally wrong.  The weight quickly came back when I stopped tracking, reduced my meeting attendance and didn't get as much activity.  Because of this, I've had a bit of a roller-coaster ride the past few years.

The most important tools that I learned at Weight Watchers was tracking.  The simple action of writing down what you eat really helped me.  Tracking forced me to reflect on what I was eating, which helped me make better choices.  Combining this with the Weight Watchers PointsPlus system, helps to keep me on the straight and narrow.

Screenshot of my Tracker on the Weight Watchers website


With this in mind, the goal that I'm setting for this week is simply to track.  I'll use the iPhone Weight Watchers app to track my food.  Next Monday, I'll report back on the blog and see how many days I was able to track in the past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment